2 day - Titicaca Uncovered + Titicaca Lake Lodge (Luquina)
A comfortable way to experience Lake Titicaca staying at the exclusive Titicaca Lake Lodge (Luquina), enjoy of a perfect location that will aloud you to witness its full beauty. As well explore the nature & Local cultures through the different activities offered by the Lodge. The following morning we visit the secluded sections of Taquile , Capachica Peninsula & Uros floating islands.
Day 1 - Titicaca Uncovered + Titicaca Lake Lodge (Luquina)
At 7:45am we depart from Puno's main port in the Titicaca Uncovered program, then at 8:20 am. Arrival to the exclusive "Titicaca Lake Lodge" Located at the Luquina community over the peninsula of Chucuito, Be welcomed and accommodated at your comfortable rooms. Then with your local guide plan your stay and choose some of the included activities in your program.
- Educational hike of interpretation of the local flora and fauna of the peninsula. - Hike to the ancient ritual site located at a hill top with extraordinary Lake Titicaca Views. - Cross cultural experience & Traditional Lunch with an Aymaran family. - Paddle rowing boat along the coasts of the peninsula and bird watching. - Sunset, wine & bonfire. - Dinner at the Lodge (Peruvian Cuisine).
Activities at Additional Cost
- Kayak along the coasts of the peninsula, two hours ( $ usd 50.00). - Ancient Temascal Ceremony (sweating chambers) to connect to the Mother earth and the elements (additional cost $ usd 96.00 Min 2 people)
FACILITIES & INSTALLATIONS. The Titicaca Healing House Lodge, was built with adobe and native materials, but has all the necessary facilities for a pleasant stay. Hot showers, heater, goose duvet blankets, rooms with panoramic lake views, chimney small meditation & relax hall with views facing sunset and sun rice. Note: it only holds 2 rooms and all the installations remain available as a private hutch for the guests. The remarkable location by the Lake shores assures a memorable Lake Titicaca Experience.
Day 2 - Titicaca Uncovered Tour & return to Puno
After breakfast at the Lodge we say good bye to the local staff and head to the port of Luquina Village at a walking distance 5 minutes we get pickedup
by the Titicaca uncovered tour at 8:20am. then continue trip to Taquile Island, At 8:45 am we arrive to a secluded section of Taquile Island, Explore the less touristy and scenic area of Taquile Island (exclusive) , and enjoy a pristine sandy beach there you will have plenty of time to relax and feel the serenity of Titicaca. Then Hike through a pre-Inca trail with spectacular landscapes of the island, visiting families of weavers to learn about their textile art & symbolism that has been declared by UNESCO as world heritage. At 11:30 am we leave the island, after more than 3 hours of an intensive natural and cultural aproach.
11:55 am Arrival to the community of Santa Maria – Llachon, on the tip of the Capachica Peninsula, a very scenic off the beaten track destination. We are welcomed by a small community and quickly introduced to an intensive cross cultural experience, observe their traditions and participate in an ancient ceremony to learn about their magical world. Then experience the preparation of "Pachamanca" a traditional way of cooking meat, fish and potatoes using underground ovens - this is one of the main dishes of Peruvian cuisine. Enjoy these delicacies in a small, but very scenic, restaurant. For the more adventurous there is an optional kayak along the coast of Llachon (see our extensions). At 1:50 pm. we leave Santa Maria.
2:25 pm Arrival to a remote area of the National Reserve of Lake Titicaca, and explore UROS Ccapi, these are considered as the last authentic floating islands, less commercial and little visited. The Uros are descendants of one of the oldest cultures in South America. Optional tours in reed boats. Depart back to Puno at 15:25 pm.
4:30 pm Arrival in Puno and transfer to hotel. End of services.
GROUP TOUR: Departures through 2015 are guaranteed every day from April to November. From January to March upon request.
WHY THIS TRIP IS EXCLUSIVE ?? We warrant that your experience won't be spolied by the crowds... As on the middle of the high season and the most crowded days our travelers enjoy their visits with practically no other tourist around except of them selves. Because we visit places others don't.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACTOR TO CHOOSE THIS TRIP FOR SENIOR TRAVELERS. This trip was carefully designed and suits all travelers; don't get discouraged by Altitude or hikes. You will have plenty of time to make it at your own peace and enjoyment.
- Transfers : hotel /port / hotel,
- Speed motor boat transport ( 35 k/h )
- Professional Guides (English - Spanish).
- 04 included meals
- Winne & bonfire
- All meantioned activities on each program.
- Entrance fees.
- Drinks extra
What to bring
- For day trips on to the Lake, you generally need very little, but the following items are advisable to carry in a day pack and /or wearing them on.
- 1. T-shirt, optionally long sleeved shirt
- 2. Long trousers, optionally shorts (extra)
- 3. Warm clothing and a jacket or a fleece
- 4. Rain coat or a poncho
- 5. Hat and sun glasses
- 6. Sun screen (sun block) very important.
- 7. Walking shoes or boots
- 8. Camera and film
- 9. Money in Peruvian currency, take
- Small change with you to try and
- Change a S/.100 note is next to
- 10. Water 1 liter (more to buy at the Island).
- 11. Extra snacks (opt.) Biscuits, chocolates 12. Toilette paper
- 13. Items: 10,11,12,14 you can buy it at the
- Port before depart
- FOR OVERNIGHTING ALL OF THE ABOVE PLUS
- 14. Take a gift of fruit or Food
- tinned milk,
- Tinned fish, cooking Oil, pasta etc. (Opt).
- 15. Torch (flash light) and batteries
- 16. Swiming suit if you want ( optional)
- 17. Personal medication
- 18. Personal basic toiletries, small hand towel
- 19. Sense of humor
- US$ 289.00 (P/P - 2 persons)