2 day - Taquile Classic + Uros
Have the chance to explore Taquile Island in a deeper way, by staying overnight the traveler can reach sections of the island that are not possible in a day trip. On the second day you can plan even larger explorations onto the Top of the island or the beaches at south section of the Island.
You Can request this trip as a SIC Group depart service , Or as a Private Tour.
Day 1 - Uros / Taquile
This excursion begins at 6:30am with transfer from your hotel to the port. Then by motor boat (35 feet long with a covered section in case of rain or cold weather) we visit the Uros floating Islands. Stepping on them feels very much like a water bed (but it is quite safe). We see the houses, the islands and meet its friendly inhabitants .Uros people are descendents of one of the oldest South American groups. Rides on traditional reed boats can be arranged. We visit two of the 60 islands before continuing on to Taquile Island.
After a relaxed navigation of 2 1/2 hours when we get the chance to enjoy the spectacular views offered by Lake Titicaca, we get to this unique place. There a unique community can be observed, their art work is very appreciated and women are outstanding weavers, textile arts on the island have been declared world’s heritage by UNESCO. A long path gradually ascending will take us to the village, the views are unique and worth’s. (45 min. hike approx) to visit the communal cooperative. Lunch at one of the local restaurants. Then your Local guide will accommodate you at one of the guest houses on the island (Basic services, No running water and electricity).
In the afternoon we recommend you to walk to some of the nearby Pre Incan ruins, or reach the top for sunset, Diner Organized by the guide.
Overnight at guest House on Tequila Island.
Important Note : You Can request this trip as a Private service, in that case the motor boat and the guide will be only for your party. In addition you get 3 included meals : 1 lunch , 1 dinner , 1 breakfast.
Day 2 - Taquile / Puno
After breakfast, you will have the chance to continue exploring the island, and observing the pace full local’s daily life, or try to reach the beaches at the south section of the island. Lunch this day is not included, after lunch the guide will take you to the main port, from the main port ( Chilcano) to reach it you will have to descent 500 steps down to the port. After a 3 hour motor boar ride we arrive to Puno city (5.30 pm. Aprox.) and get transferred to your elected hotel.
Our Peru Classic Tours are fully customizable; Edgar Adventures offer You: Tours to the most Popular destinations in Peru including: Machu Picchu Tours, Cusco Tours, Nazca Tours, Puerto Maldonado & Manu Tours, Lake Titicaca Tours, Deluxe Titicaca Peru trips & Puno Tours
Our Puno & Lake Titicaca Tours are supported by the most reliable travel services in Puno for a enjoyable Puno tours in Lake Titicaca Peru. We are direct operators of Lake Titicaca classic Tours & trips, our Titicaca guides staff and Titicaca travel organization is always ready, our aim is to provide always a better & better service, to ensure a memorable Peru vacations.
Travel to Lake Titicaca tours via regular group Titicaca trips ( Daily ) : Classic Titicaca island trips, Titicaca Peru & Bolivia deluxe classic tours Via Hydrofoil with Crillons Tours or Transturin catamarans, Tours to Uros floating islands and Taquile islands community, home stay on Amantani Island. Enjoy a Titicaca life time trip.
Specially travelling in the Classic Titicaca trips & Tours you need a reliable organization behind to ensure that your trip will benefit the communities and the locals will get fairly paid.
Not always a cheaper tour means that you will pay less.
For years The Islanders On Amantani have reported many abuses by some travel operators that did not pay them the official rates for their Home stay services, but this situation is at the moment solved thanks to the new administration that is making their rates to be respected.
Be aware that not always a cheaper price offered by some travel agencies means a fair price to the locals, you might find "cheaper prices", but finally you can end paying extra and the local’s receiving less.
Be aware of not paying more than S/. 7.00 for the reed boat ride on the Uros reed floating islands, a higher price might be fair to you.
On Uros reed islands always ask for a discount if you are interested in some handy crafts, as they might be overpriced.
Be aware not paying more than S/. 25.00 For the lunch on Taquile Island. Some travel agencies in Puno are not paying their guides and the guides are forced to try living of their commissions and therefore abuse of the locals.
We at Edgar Adventures are trying hard to control this situation and paying our guides properly. But it is necessary the cooperation of the Travelers.
- Transfers : hotel /port / hotel,
- Motor boat transport.
- 01 night accomodation at Taquile guest house ( Basic)
- 01 Lunch First Day + 01 Dinner + 01 Breakfast
- Private guide assistance for 2 days.
- Entrance fees.
- Return tickets for motor boat back to Puno
- Supplemental charge per person US$ 7.00 per transfers from Outside city Hotels ( Libertador, Posada del Inka etc. )
- Meals : the second day Lunch on Taquile Island
- guide for two days
What to bring
- For day trips on to the Lake, you generally need very little, but the following items are advisable to carry in a day pack and /or wearing them on.
- 1. T-shirt, optionally long sleeved shirt
- 2. Long trousers, optionally shorts (extra)
- 3. Warm clothing and a jacket or a fleece
- 4. Rain coat or a poncho
- 5. Hat and sun glasses
- 6. Sun screen (sun block) very important.
- 7. Walking shoes or boots
- 8. Camera and film
- 9. Money in Peruvian currency, take
- Small change with you to try and
- Change a S/.100 note is next to
- 10. Water 1 liter (more to buy at the Island).
- 11. Extra snacks (opt.) Biscuits, chocolates 12. Toilette paper
- 13. Items: 10,11,12,14 you can buy it at the
- Port before depart
- FOR OVERNIGHTING ON THE ISLANDS ALL OF THE ABOVE PLUS
- 14. Take a gift of fruit or Food
- tinned milk,
- Tinned fish, cooking Oil, pasta etc. (Opt).
- 15. Torch (flash light) and batteries
- 16. Sleeping bag (optional, there are blankets)
- 17. Personal medication
- 18. Personal basic toiletries, small hand towel
- 19. Sense of humor
- US$ 99.00 : Group Service ( Price Per Person ,Minimun 2)
- US$ 99.00 : Group Service ( Price Per Person ,Minimun 2)